Title: Copyright Administrator
Reports to: Manager, Repertoire
- Maintaining CMRRA’s song file with copyright registrations sent from our publishers following all procedures to ensure accuracy and validity.
- Interpret CWR registrations and accurately update our system.
- Interpret other electronic formats of songs registrations and update our system.
- Interpret song registrations sent via paper catalogues/email/verification letters and update our system.
- Identify problem registrations and contact publishers for further clarification.
- Identify counterclaim situations and alert the counterclaim department.
- Notify Membership Services when new publishers are required to be added to the system.
- Work on special projects as they arise
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of Notes based programs preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to effectively communicate with fellow workers and clients.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to determine priorities.
- Good organizational skills.
- Completion of Post-Secondary education is desirable (College Diploma or University Degree
- Effective Verbal/Written Communication
- Positive Teamwork
- Detail Orientation
- Takes ownership of work
What CMRRA Has To Offer:
- 35-hour work week and flexible work hours
- Great benefits and Retirement Savings Plan
- Summer Hours (compressed work week)
- Great Downtown location
- Casual dress code
Submit Your Resumé
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our website so we can get to know you! If you meet the criteria above, submit your resume here. Please reference the position title in the subject line, or if not applicable, your particular area of interest or expertise.
CMRRA welcomes all applicants for this position! Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.