Position Title: Human Resources Coordinator Start Date: TBD
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance & Administration, the Human Resources Coordinator will work closely with the management team to resolve and respond to HR issues and questions from management and employees, with respect to policies, processes and current legislation.
This role in HR support provides a unique opportunity to make a difference in the operation of a vital and growing organization. The human resources role includes acting as coach in HR related matters, and as first point of contact for HR related inquiries and guidance on HR related topics – Health & Safety, Performance Management, Employee Relations, WSIB, Benefits, and other audit processes inclusive.
- Provides support to ensure implementation and consistent practice of HR policies and initiatives.
- Provides management and employees within with expertise and advice on HR related matters, referring issues as required to Management.
- Maintains employee performance systems, including updating of job descriptions and coordination of the employee review process.
- Administers employee benefit plans, (e.g. group life insurance, sickness and accident benefits, health insurance, holidays).
- Advertises job vacancies and assists in the recruiting process.
- Organizes and assists with the orientation process of employees.
- Maintains employee files.
- Consults and advises on employment legislation and Human Rights.
- With assistance from Senior Management & HR Consultant; coaches and provide guidance to managers of people in order to develop their ability to lead, inspire, and coach their employees and teams.
- Provides HR and Health and Safety related training to management and employee and conducts all necessary documentation and audit processes. Oversees WSIB and Joint Health & Safety Committee duties.
- Assists in delivering, responding to and implementing corporate initiatives that will further the business success of CMRRA.
- Assists in updating corporate policies, procedures and employee communications.
- Reviews and prepares employment offers, disciplinary, termination, resignation documents with assistance from Senior Management & HR Consultant (as necessary).
- Assists in helping solve administrative and operational problems by conducting research and recommending solutions;
- Provides other administrative duties and special projects as required.
- Prepares R.O.E.’s, and other applicable government agency documents as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1 to 2 year’s generalist experience in a fast-paced environment in a HR role.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma and completion of, or working toward Human Resources Management Certificate and/or CHRP.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to deal with confidential information with a high degree of diplomacy.
- Strong team player, capable of performing in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to provide strong internal customer service.
- Proven ability to generate and suggest innovative techniques for improving processes and developing new ideas
- Good financial bookkeeping skills with strong business accounting acumen.
- Proven ability in use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to build relationships with managers and employees with a focus on tact, diplomacy and conflict management
- Excellent research/analytical ability.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities, with excellent follow through skills
- Knowledge of current labour laws, Human Rights and Employment Standards
- Training experience (individual or group) is an asset.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills, and ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Absolute ability to use sound judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Effective communicator
- Problem solver
- Quick learner
- Creative thinker
- Calm under pressure
- Analytical & process oriented
- Positive teamwork behaviours
If you think you are the ideal candidate, or if you know someone who would be ideal for this exciting opportunity please send a resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Please note we require a background and security check to be performed prior to offer.