Title: Licensing Trust Administrator
Department: Mechanical Licensing
Reports to: Supervisor, Works Identification – Licensing
The Licensing Trust Administrator will be responsible for managing and processing the data related to the Licensing Trust distributions made by the Major Labels as well as processing claims submitted by rightsholders for those items reported in the Licensing and Settlement Trusts which are made publicly available via the CSI Claims Website.
- Identify and process royalties for payable works and/or shares in a timely manner
- Research copyright ownership using various internal and external sources and maintaining works database
- Act as main point of contact for Rightsholders by effectively assisting and answering questions or concerns regarding submitted claims
- Review and analyze claims submitted via the CSI website
- Issue licences on behalf of CMRRA’s publishers as required
- Analyze and report research and workflow to Supervisor accordingly
- Identify action items and highlight issues that require follow-up with the major labels to Supervisor
- Other duties as directed by Supervisor, which may require licensing and royalty processing from time to time, or other priority distribution projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of mechanical licensing and royalty processing procedures
- Strong research and problem solving skills
- General mathematical skills
- Demonstrated attention and adherence to detailed processes
- General knowledge of music publishing, including: copyright, and mechanical licensing
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Music Industry program or equivalent
- Min 2 years of music industry work experience or equivalent
What CMRRA Has To Offer:
- Great benefits and Retirement Savings Plan
- Annual fitness subsidy
- Great Downtown location
- Casual dress code
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter here so we can get to know you!
CMRRA welcomes all applicants for this position! We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all! Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.