Department: Online Licensing
Reports to: Supervisor, Online Processing | Quality Assurance and Training Lead
Position Summary: The Online Licensing Administrator’s key focus is to effectively research, identify, and license the digital reproduction of CSI-represented works.
- Review, research and update works matched to tracks appearing in sales files, as assigned
- Review and interpret claim information from a variety of sources including, but not limited to, the Common Works Registrations, publisher catalogues, publisher correspondence, and other internet sources
- Accurately maintain and/or update song file according to CMRRA policy and procedures
- Notify Copyright, Membership Services, and/or other departments of song disputes, duplicates and other errors as necessary
- Correspond with publishers to verify or remove claims where required
- Assist with distribution of royalties where required
- Maintain correspondence records and report on workflow as required
- Work with supervisors to regulate workflow and obtain training as required
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma, or equivalent experience, in music business administration or a related field
- Strong research, interpretive and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of copyright and publishing
- Strong working ability with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge and familiarity with multiple genres of music
- Consistent ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Basic math/accounting skills
What CMRRA Has To Offer:
Great benefits and Retirement Savings Plan
Great Downtown location
Casual dress code
CMRRA welcomes all applicants for this position! We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all! Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
If you think you are the ideal candidate, please submit your resumé and cover letter here.