Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
CMRRA is seeking an experienced IT Project Manager (PM) with a successful track record of managing and delivering high quality software development and integration projects. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background and excellent communication skills (oral and written), is a team player, and is proficient in Agile and traditional software development methodologies.
On software development projects, the PM works closely with the technical and business operations teams to help surface requirements and eliminate roadblocks, and to communicate all issues among all stakeholders. On all projects, the PM manages schedule, budget, and communication. The PM will ensure that CMRRA IT policies and standards are followed.
- Manage one or more IT projects concurrently.
- Establish and adhere to project budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Interface with and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders in management, operations, software development/operations, finance, vendors, and others, ensure delivery of high quality projects on time and budget.
- Define project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Manage and verify changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Monitor and track project progress and dependencies.
- Facilitate project meetings and communication between team members.
- Translate business requirements, design documents and use cases into detailed test plans and test scenarios covering all areas of functionality.
- Manage software defects and enhancements process, coordinate resolution and delivery with the software team.
- Perform risk management to identify and mitigate project risks. Escalate to management and stakeholders as needed.
- Prepare IT-focused statements of work for software development partners.
- Manage and continuously improve internal project methodologies, processes, and practices.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in similar role
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Agile certification
- Proficient using project management tools (e.g., JIRA, Microsoft Project)
- Communicates technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills
- Quickly learns new technologies and business concepts and processes
- Demonstrated experience in quality management processes
- Able to think critically and make sound decisions
- Able to effectively collaborate and prioritize
- Able to see the ‘big picture’ and work toward it
- Able to assign tasks effectively and motivate a team
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with SQL an asset
- Organizational and time management skills, efficiently balances diverse tasks
- Able to meet tight deadlines and perform under pressure
- Proven history of delivering results
- Understanding of music royalty data and processes is an asset
- Effective communicator
- Problem solver
- Quick learner
- Creative thinker
- Calm under pressure
- Analytical & process oriented
- Positive teamwork behaviours
What CMRRA Has To Offer:
- Great benefits and Retirement Savings Plan
- Great Downtown location
- Casual dress code
CMRRA welcomes all applicants for this position! We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all! Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter here so we can get to know you!