Title: Senior Manager, Communications and Industry Relations
Reports to: Senior VP, Business Affairs and Corporate Development
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
The Senior Manager, Communications and Industry Relations will develop and manage the external and internal communications strategies and the strategy for enhancing client relationships. The Senior Manager, Communications and Industry Relations position is well-suited for a candidate with
a creative mind and deep experience in relationship management. Positive demeanor, exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are crucial to excel in this role.
- Develop and manage the implementation of strategic communications, and client relationship plans, from concept and planning to successful execution to meet stated objectives.
- Manage CMRRA website and social media channels.
- Manage media relationships. This includes developing newsworthy pitches and media angles and generate news content in traditional, digital and social media platforms.
- Craft and edit compelling press releases, newsletter articles and other external materials on various topics.
- Continuously explore, recommend, use and optimize the communication and marketing methods and technologies to engage with various audiences.
- Oversee communications projects, manage production and external vendors.
- Support the internal employee communications efforts.
- Manage all aspects of top client relationships and assess disaffiliation risk.
- Oversee and manage the execution of all membership drive efforts (related to unaffiliated publishers).
- Establish and maintain positive relationships both internally and externally, including clients, trade and regional music associations and other key music industry stakeholders.
- Support new business development and play a strong role in strategic planning and presentations.
- Support SVP in managing executive visibility and board reporting.
- Organize client visits and create presentation material and system demos – present as needed (including for Quebec market)
- Attend and present at industry events and conferences, as needed (including evenings and weekends).
- Participate in client requirements gathering for service improvements in conjunction with Business Analyst(s).
- Handle sponsorship opportunities and sponsorship budget.
- Manage and mentor small team with client service and external functions.
- Work with HR to mentor and train all staff who are active in client relations and customer service functions.
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to diplomatically and skilfully provide counsel and advice to influence others and
achieve best outcome.
- Former experience working in music and/or entertainment industry, along with strong marketing communications and corporate communications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, client and partners.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write clear, crisp and grammatically correct content for various purposes (including marketing collateral, website, press materials and newsletters).
- Ability to distill often complex information into more user-accessible text without compromising message and content.
- Outstanding organization skills, with attention to meticulous detail.
- Must be creative, able to see the big picture and forward-thinking.
- Ability to stay focused, efficient and effective in managing multiple priorities.
- Undergraduate degree in Communication, English, Journalism or Marketing.
- At least 5 years of related work experience required.
- Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Bilingualism (English & French) is an asset.
- Prior marketing experience and/or media relations experience required.
- Must have proven track record of landing national coverage, and ability to come up with new story angles daily.
- Strong candidates will also have an interest in and passion for music.
- Ability to manage numerous critical deadlines simultaneously and manage projects while maintaining attention to detail and strong internal and external relationships.
- Willingness to put in the extra hours to meet critical deadlines.
- Willingness to travel is required, typically 30-50%, and attendance of industry events on weekends and evenings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and media databases.
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to our website so we can get to know you! If you meet the criteria above, submit your resume here. Please reference the position title in the subject line, or if not applicable, your particular area of interest or expertise.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.