The Work List search screen provides you with the ability to look up your work and share details for those works that you have previously registered with CMRRA. Along with details of the musical work, including your ownership share(s) and representation status for CMRRA’s various lines of business, the details of any licences that have been issued will be displayed.
The following search parameters are supported:
- Title – The original title or any alternate title. The search type can be set to “Exact Match,” “Begins With,” or “Fuzzy”, where a “Fuzzy” search is a non-exact text search and will yield results based upon similarity in descending order. Please note that non-exact searches, including the “Begins With” option, will result in longer search processing times than exact matches.
- Work Number – The following number types:
- CMRRA Number
- Legacy Number – This refers to CMRRA’s work number generated by our legacy system. This will differ from the CMRRA Number type for works that have been registered after work data was converted to LDS, while our legacy system is still in use. Once all lines of business have been moved to LDS, legacy processing will cease and Legacy Numbers will no longer be generated.
- Publisher’s own proprietary work number if provided via the CWR registration process
- Artist – The Name of a recording artist associated with the work
- IP Name – The writer and/or publisher contributors on the work. For publishers, this can be either the publisher name previously registered with CMRRA or the Interested Party (IP) Name Patronym. If searching for a writer, please search by the Last Name followed by First Name with no commas. Including the writer’s middle name will enhance the search, but if this information is not known, your best option will be using “Begins With” as the search type.
- IP Name Number – The CAE/IPI Number of the Interested Party (IP), if known. This is a 9 digit number assigned to all members of Performing Rights Organizations (PROs)
- CMRRA Account Number – The account number CMRRA has assigned to the publisher.