Title: Application Support Engineer (Independent Contractor)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
CMRRA is currently seeking a motivated individual for the role of Application Support Engineer (contract), to provide reliable, timely, and efficient support for CMRRA’s licensing and royalty distribution platform. This individual will report to the Associate Director of Software Engineering. This role requires a passion for digging deep, getting to the root of problems, and implementing solutions for overall product improvement.
- Application Support Engineer will help CMRRA develop and maintain its licensing and royalty distribution platform.
- Technical and operational improvement projects, as determined by the engineering director. These may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Custom .NET based development tasks as required to support business initiatives
- Database system software upgrades
- Software and database performance and reliability improvements
- Data archiving/warehousing
- Software framework upgrades
- Table partitioning and data conversions
- Support the investigation and analysis to production issues and effectively implement corrective or preventative actions and solutions.
- Monitor, support, and address performance of the product within the various application environments.
- Contribute as a hands-on engineer including development activities and functional/behaviour driven testing.
- Works with team and stakeholders to create clean, maintainable technical solutions to complex business problems.
- Coordinate closely with 3rd party vendors, partners, and consulting companies.
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dedication to engineering team success.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient at developing Microsoft-based software using C# on the .NET Framework 4
- Proficient at working with SQL Server 2012 or higher with an emphasis on query optimization, availability groups and administration
- At least 4 years of experience in software engineering/development including production support and maintenance
- Proven solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient using many of the following: New Relic & MS AppInsights, Git, Jira, Confluence
- Experience in using Azure services such as DevOps, Cognitive Search, Data Factory, App Service
- Excellent written and verbal communications and attention to detail
- During COVID-19 restrictions, contractor will work from home / contractor office. CMRRA will provide any supplementary access equipment or software licenses required to support this work.
- Upon offices re-opening, contractor will be expected to work from our office in the Bay/Wellesley area. Workspace will be provided.
Please submit your resume and cover letter here so we can get to know you!
CMRRA welcomes all applicants for this position! We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all! Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.