Title: Industry Relations & Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Director Industry Relations and Communications
The Industry Relations & Communications Coordinator contributes to the execution and support of internal and external stakeholder relations.
The Industry Relations & Communications Coordinator serves as the coordinator of assets and tools needed for music industry relations outreach as well as internal and client-facing communications initiatives. This role includes stewarding the ongoing content needs for CMRRA’s social channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook & LinkedIn) as well as working to continuously update public-facing tools like the CMRRA website as well as micro-initiatives such as presentation decks.
This role is the first point of contact for client inquiries using the Salesforce platform. The coordinator is responsible for responding to and directing inquiries to appropriate internal subject matter experts within the 48 hour turn around time. The coordinator is responsible for updating an ongoing directory of questions and answers for client inquiries and tracking the different types of inquiries.
- Responds to inquiries using the Salesforce platform, logging all metrics, creating/maintaining a database of responses as required, while ensuring 48 hour turnaround time.
- Screens and assigns inquiries to the appropriate internal subject matter experts across the organization.
- Supports the coordination of CMRRA events by ordering supplies, researching and brainstorming of: logistics, themes, décor, activities, signage/marketing; compiling music playlists, coordinating event RSVPs, updating outreach contacts as needed.
- Executes social media outreach by writing copy, creating hashtags, creating simple design templates on Canva or related social media creation platform, translating or coordinating translation of content into French and scheduling social media posts.
- Contributes to administration of Industry Relations and Communications department including contact list management, formatting newsletter content (MailChimp & Salesforce), maintaining all marketing and outreach assets, mailouts, website updates and coordinating content approvals with key internal stakeholders.
- As needed, represents CMRRA at various music industry functions and events (i.e. JUNOS, CMW, Indie Week +).
- Trains others on the Salesforce System as required.
- Provides as needed assistance to visitors to the office.
- As necessary, provides administrative support and acts as backup for Lead Office Administrator.
- Act as back-up to ensure meeting rooms are properly booked (assisting in scheduling of in-house meetings as required) and kept presentable, orders catering, coffee, or other office supplies as appropriate.
- Provides support to other departments as availability allows and need requires.
Qualifications, Experience and Desired Skills:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a related field and/or the equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of experience working in customer service or communication roles. Previous music industry experience is definitely an asset.
- Proven written and verbal skills to communicate in a professional manner with all levels of the organization, external clients, visitors and service providers.
- 1-3 years of experience on the SproutSocial, Canva or related social media creation platform and the AirTable project management platform. Knowledge of updating website content using WordPress is also useful.
- Basic knowledge and competency of image manipulation and creation using platforms like Canva.
- Has a solid understanding of trends in the online and music world and an interest in learning more about rights, royalties and the global copyright conversation
- Established customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Bilingualism (French) would be considered a strong asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Current demonstrated hands-on experience working with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Able to maintain basic filing systems and databases.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Takes ownership of the responsibilities assigned and is able to work independently with little supervision.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce would be an asset.
- Having an understanding of newsletter formatting programs like MailChimp would be an asset.
- The ability to easily distill, write and edit information translating into client-ready external communications considered an asset.
- Experience with ordering supplies and inventory controls, would be an asset.
The qualified candidate must be a motivated, committed and adaptable team player who is prepared to work 9am-5pm (with willingness and schedule flexibility to be able to attend pre-approved industry relations events as required) and to jump in to provide support where needed. Must have a strong attention to detail and demonstrated accountability, dependability, and punctuality, and have a passion for music and communications. Other key qualifications, desired experience, and skills include:
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Career Level: Entry level
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years