|Job Title:||Pay-As-You-Press Licensing and Royalty Administrator (Bilingual)|
|Reports to:||Manager, Mechanical Licensing|
With headquarters in the heart of Toronto, Canada, the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency is a dynamic music licensing agency representing music copyright owners.
Our clients are music publishers and self-published songwriters who own the rights to the vast majority of songs recorded, sold, streamed and broadcast in Canada. Our team works diligently on behalf of our clients to negotiate licensing agreements, collect royalties from our licensees (Apple, Spotify, Amazon, YouTube, Facebook, Tik Tok, radio stations, major and independent record labels, and others) and to distribute those royalties.
Established in 1975 and having contributed to many transformative moments in the music landscape since then, CMRRA are the market leaders in Canada for physical and digital mechanical licensing.
We’ve recently launched new international partnerships to collect digital mechanical royalties from the US and from numerous territories outside of North America too.
Our core mandate is ensuring that our clients get paid efficiently and on time for the use of their music. We play a pivotal role in the music ecosystem, which requires us to be constantly evolving, staying focused on both current and emerging business models using recorded music, and treating our clients and their songs as our top priority.
To learn more about our great team and our work, please visit cmrra.ca.
The Pay-As-you-Press Licensing and Royalty Administrator role is vital in the independent recording ecosystem, licensing and processing royalties for limited quantity Pay-As-You-Press mechanical license applications. With a focus on service excellence, their role is essential in addressing queries from both English and French speaking independent music producers, pressing companies, and CMRRA publishers.
- Track and process Pay-As-You-Press applications from both French & English-speaking independent music producers
- Respond effectively to daily communications (English and French) with applicants, pressing companies, CMRRA publishers, including telephone, email, and Salesforce general licensing inquiries
- Issue licenses and email any associated correspondences to applicants relating to their license request
- Process royalties payable to CMRRA publishers and prepare refund cheques to applicants as needed
- Coordinate with other team members or departments as required
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines and keep application backlog to a minimum
- Other projects as assigned
Required Experience and Skills:
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma, or equivalent experience, in music business administration or a related field and/or comparable years of work experience
- Fluently bilingual (English and French), both written and oral
- Client service experience, including active listening skills, attention to details and effective result delivery
- Applied accounting concepts and reconciliation capabilities and appreciation for accuracy,
- Knowledge of copyright, music publishing, and Mechanical Licensing Agreements (MLA)
- Research and problem-solving skills
- Organized with time management aptitude
- MS Office experience
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Asks questions and seeks guidance when needed
- Knowledge of CMRRA’s Licensing and distribution system (LDS), Lotus Notes, MS Office, Outlook, and Slack
We Would Love To Hear From You If Are:
|Skilled communicator in English and French||Detail-oriented|
|(written and oral)||Organized|
|Team-player||Responsible and reliable|
|Diplomatic and tactful||Self-motivated, learning aptitude|
|Flexible and adaptable||Accountable|
What CMRRA Has to Offer:
- Great colleagues who are involved in and passionate about the music industry
- 35-hour work week
- Comprehensive benefit plan; and Group Retirement Plan with Employer matching program
- Summer hours (compressed work week)
- Convenient downtown location with Hybrid Office-Telework Program
- Casual dress code
CMRRA is committed to fostering an environment where our employees, clients, and partners feel valued and supported. As leaders in the music industry, we recognize that building a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization is vital. Every day we aspire to do better than the day before because we wholeheartedly believe that there is strength in diversity and that we are stronger together.
We are committed to the principles of Employment Equity and invite applicants with all lived experiences to apply for this position. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. We thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter here so we can get to know you!