- Fields for populating data are active when the background is white. If the field is greyed out, it is inactive and in some cases may require further action or information to enable it for you to input information (ex. Commercial Recording Details section)
- Commercial Recording Details – This information will assist CMRRA in prioritizing your work registrations and completing the licensing and/or distribution processes wherever activity has been logged.
Instructions for Adding Contributors (Writers and Publishers)
- Click the Add button to add a new row for each additional contributor that you wish to provide.
- At least one writer type contributor and one publisher type contributor are required in the Contributors section.
- You can populate your publisher account information either by inputting the correct account number directly into the CMRRA Account No. field, or use the Search feature to search for the account details in our database.
- If you have CMRRA Account Number, the search or input field requires you to input an 8-digit number: if the CMRRA Account Number you are entering or searching for has less than 8 digits, add one or more leading zeroes.
- If you have a Legacy-type CMRRA Account Number (assigned to clients who affiliated prior to the launch of our LDS system), the search or input field requires a 6-digit number: if the Legacy Number you are entering has less than 6 digits, add one or more leading zeroes.
- If populating your publisher account number directly into the CMRRA Account No. field, it will take a moment or two for the related details to be retrieved and populated into the row.
- Writer contributors can be added to the table by inputting their IPI number directly into that field, or by using the Search
- The Search dialogue, located in the leftmost column in the Contributors table, enables a search window that will allow you to search for both writers and publishers in our IP database - use the toggle button at the top to choose the contributor type.
- You can search by IPI Name or Number, or by your CMRRA account Number or Name.
- Ensure that the “Show Publishers that I Administer” checkbox is selected in order to return results for your controlled publisher accounts. Note that this checkbox will be selected by default, and must be unchecked to search for a writer.
- Currently, the search will return all name types for a publisher as registered with IPI, so you may see multiple rows related to the same CMRRA Account Number. Please select the account where the IP Surname/Account Name field matches to the PA record. Note that in all cases it is the CMRRA Publisher Name that will appear against the registered share in our database, as well as on all licences and royalty statements.
- IMPORTANT: The name fields in this search screen are currently defaulted to return results on an exact match only. For ease of use, you can include wildcards (% symbol) in your search to support broader search results. Example: Searching for “Registered Music Publishing Company Inc.” can be performed using “Registered Music Pub%” or “Registered Music%.
- Select the Add option from the results grid in order to select a contributor, which will be populated in the main Contributor Details table.
- You are required to identify the Role of each contributor for the work in question.
- The Mech % field will only be enabled for publisher type contributors that are related to you, either directly or through agreements.
- The Delete option located in the right hand column will delete rows from the table.
Contributor Details Defined
The Contributor Details grid displays the following fields of data:
- IPI Number - 11-digit number assigned to all members of Performing Rights Organizations (PROs)
- CMRRA Account No. - The account number CMRRA has assigned to the publisher
- Legacy Account No. - The CMRRA account number from our legacy system, which may differ for accounts that have been registered after our systems were converted
- First Name - Writer's first name and any middle names, if present
- Surname/ Account Name - Surname refers to a writer's last name. For publishers, the Account Name will display the name of the publisher as registered with CMRRA
- Role - the Contributor type:
- E - Publisher - The interested party which has acquired by agreement with a composer and/or author the rights in a work for a stipulated territory and for a stipulated duration.
- C - Composer - The creator, or one of the creators, of the musical elements of a musical work
- A - Author, Writer, Lyricist - The creator, or one of the creators, of the text of a musical work
- CA - Composer/Author - The creator, or one of the creators, of text and musical elements of a musical work
- AR - Arranger - Contributor credited with the arrangement of an existing Public Domain work.
- AM - Administrator - An interested party that collects royalty payments on behalf of a publisher that it represents
- Mech % - The Mechanical Share associated with this work
- Affiliation Type -
- Bcast Mech – Indicates if the account is affiliated for Broadcast Mechanical distributions
- Mech – Indicates if the account is affiliated for Mechanical Licensing
- Online – Indicates if the account is affiliated for Online Licensing, e.g. permanent downloads (e.g., via iTunes), limited downloads, on-demand streaming and webcasting
- PC – Indicates if the account is affiliated for Private Copying
Please provide details of known artists associated with the work in question
- This page provides an overview of the details that you have input on the various screens. Should you need to change anything, you can use the <Prev button to return to the previous screen, and Next> to move forward.
- Representations and Warranties – You must agree to the Representation and Warranties for online work submission at the bottom of the page. You will be unable to complete the work submission process without reviewing and confirming acceptance of these terms.
Register A Work FAQ
This tool does not currently support the registration of new accounts with CMRRA. In order to do this, please contact us at Membership Services.
Go back to Register A Work