The Work List search will return a list of possible matches for your search in a results grid. You can click on the View option to review the details of the work and any associated licences.
Please note that the list of works returned will be limited to only those that have been previously registered with CMRRA and which have been validated and prepared for licensing and royalty payment. These works will reflect a Registration Status of « Registered. »
In addition, you will be able to view any works that you have submitted using the CMRRA Direct Work Registration tool, and which have not yet been fully processed. The status of these will be « In Process » until validated by CMRRA.
If a work has an identified conflict in ownership, it will be flagged with a status of In Dispute, visible in the header section of the work details.
The Work Numbers grid displays the following types of numbers, if present:
- CMRRA Number
- Legacy Number
- CMRRA Replaced – represents situations where multiple work records have been merged together and the number has been maintained for matching and tracking purposes
- SODRAC number
- WID number
- Publisher’s own proprietary work number if provided via the CWR registration process
The Contributor Details grid displays the following fields of data:
- IPI Number – 11-digit number assigned to all members of Performing Rights Organizations (PROs)
- CMRRA Account No. – The account number CMRRA has assigned to the publisher
- Legacy Account No. – The CMRRA account number from our legacy system, which may differ for accounts that have been registered after our systems were converted
- First Name – Writer’s first name and any middle names, if present
- Surname/ Account Name – Surname refers to a writer’s last name. For publishers, the Account Name will display the name of the publisher as registered with CMRRA
- Role – the Contributor type:
- E – Publisher – The interested party which has acquired by agreement with a composer and/or author the rights in a work for a stipulated territory and for a stipulated duration.
- C – Composer – The creator, or one of the creators, of the musical elements of a musical work
- A – Author, Writer, Lyricist – The creator, or one of the creators, of the text of a musical work
- CA – Composer/Author – The creator, or one of the creators, of text and musical elements of a musical work
- AR – Arranger – Contributor credited with the arrangement of an existing Public Domain work.
- AM – Administrator – An interested party that collects royalty payments on behalf of a publisher that it represents
- Mech % – The Mechanical Share associated with this work
- Affiliation Type –
- Bcast Mech – Indicates if the account is affiliated for Broadcast Mechanical distributions
- Mech – Indicates if the account is affiliated for Mechanical Licensing
- Online – Indicates if the account is affiliated for Online Licensing, e.g. permanent downloads (e.g., via iTunes), limited downloads, on-demand streaming and webcasting
- PC – Indicates if the account is affiliated for Private Copying